Followers

My Blog List

  • Dream come true........... - “We call upon Omani women everywhere, in the villages and the cities, in both urban and Bedu communities, in the hills and mountains, to roll up their sleeve...
    13 years ago

Thursday, July 15, 2010

“Faces of Oman” by Tonny Holsbergen

I became obsessed with Oman and its people, particularly with the Bedouin, their hospitality and way of life. I listened to the sounds of the desert surrounding me, and I just wanted to start drawing immediately. She describes these times as the best of her life. About her return to the Netherlands she says “I couldn’t concentrate on anything that was not about Oman.“Faces of Oman” by Tonny Holsbergen.“Tonny Holsbergen, born in 1952, is a well known Dutch painter and portrait artist who has held many successful exhibitions both internationally and in Oman.

http://andyinoman.wordpress.com/2010/01/04/faces-of-oman-by-tonny-holsbergen/

No comments:

Post a Comment